5 Electrical Enclosure Applications Using Thermal Edge Products
Most of the time, electrical enclosures are either not visible or not noticeable to the average observer, but they are used in a broad range of industries for a variety of applications. In fact electrical enclosures are used in more applications than you might expect.
Virtually all of these applications require enclosure cooling systems to ensure that the components inside are protected from excess heat. In some cases, they must also be protected from rain, snow, wind, or hazardous materials. Regardless of the application, Thermal Edge has an electrical enclosure cooling system that meets all the necessary criteria.
5 Electrical Enclosure Applications
Some of the most common applications where electrical enclosures are used include:
- Food and beverage – Almost every processed food or beverage you consume was produced in a manufacturing facility that uses electrical enclosures. In these environments, enclosures must be able to withstand regular washdowns with corrosive chemicals like chlorine or sodium hydroxide. Thermal Edge provides NEMA Type 4X units with 304 or 316 stainless steel that provide cooling while keeping corrosive fluids and airborne contaminants out of the enclosure.
- Corrosive environment locations – NEMA Type 4X enclosures are also often used for corrosive environments such as waste water treatment facilities, marine environments, pulp and paper factories, pharmaceutical manufacturing, and petroleum and chemical processing.
- Security equipment – Wireless outdoor cameras and other surveillance equipment often require cooling systems to protect the components. It is also important to ensure that the expensive equipment within the enclosure is protected from theft or tampering. Thermal Edge provides a range of cooling solutions for security applications.
- Telecommunications and digital signage – The wireless communications tools you use every day and the digital signs you see generally require cooling systems to keep electrical enclosures at a safe temperature. Thermal Edge provide NEMA Type 4 and 4X cooling systems for this type of application.
- Dust and dirt environments – Thermal Edge enclosure air conditioners meet the requirements for locations with dust from flour, coal, paper, wood, and other air borne contaminants that can damage electrical equipment. The air conditioners are equipped with optional high capacity 2″ pleated filters to help keep the condenser coil and fan clean.
This short list is just a small selection of the many applications that use Thermal Edge enclosure cooling equipment. Other applications that require enclosure cooling solutions include:
- Electrical rooms
- Indoor shelters
- Cement plants
- Diaper manufacturing
- Rubber manufacturing
- Military bases
- Cosmetic manufacturing
- Bottling plants
If you have an electrical enclosure that needs a cooling system to protect the valuable components inside it, contact the professionals at Thermal Edge. We’ll help you find the enclosure cooling system that will maintain the desired temperature, protect the components from the elements, and match your budget. Request a quote today to get started.